The list details the full remuneration and many of the names of all local council employees whose remuneration exceeds £100,000.
Here is the Full List.
- In Cumbria, the Tax Payers Alliance say that 12 managers earn over £100,000.
The taxpayer’s alliance say that, “many senior managers at local authorities have performed well in tough financial times. There are many reports of residents seeing no difference in the services they receive despite the necessary savings being made. However, the Town Hall Rich List also showcases the executives who have overseen failing departments, or received bumper pay-offs after poor performance in the job.
“The research is a vital tool for taxpayers wanting to judge which authorities are delivering the best value for money.”
The Town Hall Rich List shows that many local authorities increased the amount they spent on senior management in 2016-17.
- There were at least 2,306 council employees who received total remuneration in excess of £100,000. This is 60 fewer than the previous year.
- 558 council employees received remuneration in excess of £150,000.
- The council with the most employees who received remuneration in excess of £100,000 was the City of London Corporation with 31. Although some of these employees were only partially paid from the City Fund.
- The council with the next most employees who received remuneration in excess of £100,000 was Wandsworth with 30.
- There were 77 councils with at least 10 employees who received remuneration in excess of £100,000.
- Birmingham had three employees who received remuneration in excess of £250,000.