This week’s photo challenge is entitled, Place in the World.
There’s a gigantic world out there and while you can feel disheartened by being just one small dot on the planet, so to speak, it’s also a source of hope and opportunity.
For this week’s photo challenge, explore what it means to find your place in the world. Where’s your safe space? Where do you go when you need to feel inspired or cheered up? Do you prefer to feel cosy and comforted in a smaller town or do you thrive on the buzz of a big city? If landscapes aren’t your thing, you can even explore portraits by playing with scale or fashion. Let loose and give us a glimpse of who you are in the grand scheme of things.
Copeland – Quick Facts:
- Copeland is a local government district in West Cumbria.
- Copeland covers an area, 282.5 mi² (731.7 km²).
- Copeland has a population of approximately 70,603.
- Copeland is 99.3% white.
- Copeland is classified by the UK Government as 100% rural.
- Copeland covers approximately 2/3 of the UNESCO Lake District National Park.
If I venture a few hundred yards from my home, or a mile from a town centre, I’m in the countryside. For that reason, Copeland has a special place in my heart. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. The countryside is my place.
Rest and be thankful
― William Wordsworth
Join in the fun, as I try to improve my photography. Share your photos for this challenge via the comments section. Comments are closed after 14 days.
I’ll be using my DSLR at times, but mostly my mobile phone – an expensive camera isn’t required for this challenge.. It’s all about how you interpret the subject.
- This weeks challenge was shot on my Mobile Phone.
- Give me a follow on Instagram, for daily photographs of my local area.